[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

how do I keep a browser from caching files

This is my first time posting to this list. Hope that I am following
procedure.

  My department is trying to run a program that will allow users to
access sensitive data. We have the security/password part down, but
most of the accesses will come fromunsecure lab room machines. DOes
anyone know of a way, an HTML tag, a meta tag, or something that will
instruct our university's Netscape 2.0 or better browsers not to cache
the resulting files, so that if a user walks away from a machine
someone else cannot come along and use the "back" button to view their
information?

Thank you in advance,
D'aryl Hawes
hawes@scus1.ctstateu.edu